Custom Made Version: If you want this design manufactured in exclusive ultra lightweight, race grade Kangaroo Leather with Kevlar stretch and advanced level 1 armour protection, you need to purchase the add-on here, and for any other amendments you can contact us for a quotation
Optional Add-on Service: Add a personal touch to your custom made leathers with purchase of our add-on service which allows for logos, letters, unique artwork and numbers to be added to specific locations on the leathers. To add this service to your order, please click here
Black Steve McQueen Heuer GrandPrix Leather Jacket
This classic style version has contrasting red box stitched (cotton quilted) lining, so wear your vintage leather jacket out looking ultra cool all year around, albiet in snug comfort
Rarely does a new model cause such a powerful and positive echo the way this 100% smooth hand picked top grade soft black hand picked Cowhide leather jacket with its characteristic stripes and logo stitching from the noble clock label HEUER and a nod to GRANDPRIX racing vintage style. The red quilted stain lining creates a great contrast as well.
Style: In same the style of the famous cream colored leather jacket worn so naturally by Steve McQueen in Le-Mans. Why not have one of these in your arsenal and wear out when you really want to show off a vintage cool look and get noticed.
Leather has a long tradition, whether with the car or home interior or since beginning of the 20th century in the clothing branch. The leather GP Racing unites in ideally both primary virtues of leather: as a protective clothing by the robust cowhide leather and as a stylish piece of jewellery by great design
*Please note, special terms apply for the fitment option 'Slim Fit', see our full terms and conditions (opens in a new window) for further details
Please carefully refer to our size guide tables below and 'How to Measure Up' tab to the right, before committing to your purchase. For further guidance on sizing...
email us at [email protected] or call us on '00 44 20 3701 1967'
1) Measurements indicated in RED in illustration below are critical to get right prior to ordering your size on the product page. If in doubt please contact us for advise
2) Measurements indicated in GREEN (and 'Jacket Waist Circumference' from size guide tables but not shown in illustration below) are for reference only
3) If your height is 'up to' 2 inches outside the range for your jacket or suit measurements in size guide tables, then you must provide your height and weight in the Additional Information' box at checkout. There may be a small additional sur-charge to make the size adjustments to your order
4) If your height (or any other measurement in GREEN) is 'more than' 2 inches different to the size guide table measurements, please contact us for details on our made to measure service
5) The jacket length in the two piece suit combination is 1.5" shorter in length and also 1" narrower at the waist compared to regular jacket, and the shorter biker jacket version will be supplied (instead of the regular jacket) if a regular biker jacket is chosen with a optional trouser as an add-on in product options
YOU CAN ADD KANGAROO LEATHER TO ANY CUSTOM JACKET, TROUSER OR SUIT ORDER
You can only purchase the Kangaroo leather upgrade as a add-on (upgrade) for a regular order
0.9/1.0 mm thick top grain kangaroo leather specifically tanned for racing leather suits.
Of the many species of Kangaroo, many are protected in their habitat. However the unchecked reproduction of the largest breed has resulted in massive over-population and regular culls are carried out under the supervision of the Australian authorities allowing for free trade access to the best leather hide available on the market
Kangaroo leather is far more abrasion resistant than cowhide of the same thickness (check wiki facts here) and offers an incredible lightness and softness, perfect for those riders seeking the very best comfort and mobility for their races. This is because unlike cows and buffalo, Kangaroos only sweat through their tails and therefore there are no pores in the hide. Special tanning and drying methods mean kangaroo hide is resilient to moisture and so less likely to loose its shape or degrade over time
Kangaroo reaches 800 revolutions on the Martindale machine (P180 Sandpaper), while the tear strength is 80 N.